Shake it up!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing #8

I also am going to give up on the putting the week if that is okay since I am playing catch up anyway so I am just going to list what thing I am working on. I created an RSS through Google reader I subscribed to 5 various sites that included news and politics, cooking and do it yourself home improvement site. Wow really pays to look at the number of postings that you get with each subscription I already have some 50 articles to look at just with those 5 subscriptions!! Well for my personal life I can see that I will enjoy the recipes and the do it yourself projects, the news sites though I really already follow with news sources that I already have in my favorites so I find it easier just to log on and go to my favorites vs signing onto another site. For school I could see having an RSS set up with articles that reviews children's books or sites geared toward a particular subject such as a feed for the Mars lander/exploration of or some fun math game sites. I feel that libraries could use sites such as these for patrons to access easier the major newspapers and latest news, weather and sports information if that library had the computers that could be used for perusing. Libraries could also create their own subscription group with the latest reviews and library news to share with other school or public libraries.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I have to admit that RSS was not something that I paid any attention to until I did this class. Then I started to see the joy of not having to log on to several sites just to see IF something new had posted. Now I go to one place, preview to see if there are things of interest and go from there. I would never be able to keep up with all my class blogs if it weren't for google reader :-)

Ann