Shake it up!

Monday, July 21, 2008

#9

Wow, lots out there! I checked out the links and discovered some great sites! I found blogdigger easy to use to look for news and put in my zip code, it didn't give me anything related to and said couldn't find any results for my search. It did give me a link to an rss feed for the weather of my hometown so that was a great link and I added it to my blog page. So blogdigger was easy but didn't give me what I was looking for initially. I loved Topix as it took me right to what I wanted and was really an interesting site for the current news with my local news first. I could easily get to the commit page though at first I missed the reply as it was only 1 sentence long and with everything else on the page I didn't see it, I am sure it had nothing to do with that whole see what is right in front of you!, I did feel though that the commits could have been highlighted better. I did go to ebedublogs and found a great website to classroom 2.0 so I added that to my subscription space. It is a great site with anything from "how to upload PowerPoint on the web" to Teaching writing with the Web 2.0 Media blogs. As with any link or site there is always unuseful links to me anyway maybe to someone else it is useful. I find the initial search time consuming and that is frustrating but now with them on a useful page for me I can go straight to them so the time factor isn't a problem now, until I start linking to other sites anyway!!!

1 comment:

Ann said...

One of the things that I have discovered re RSS and Blogs is that there is a lot of good stuff out there if I am 1) willing to take the time to look and 2) able to take the time to follow it. I have been very selective in adding blogs and most of them are things that have been recommended or well reviewed. I just can't keep up otherwise.

Ann