Shake it up!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chapter 7

Online safety and security a good chapter about this all important set of topics I was especially interested in the "Cyber Awareness Survey" that was talked about on pages 141 and 142, I like how the questions over all were answered correctly and I hope that the students questioned would really act as stated to handle those situations and not just telling us what they know should be done and then not do it. Many kids today are aware I think of the dangers but it amazes me when I hear from the kids that the people they talk to online are considered their "friends".
Ethics I like the code that is on page 147 and would love to post some of that over my public computers. Schools block so much and for good reason but I do question how educators will be able to effectively teach or demonstrate all the new tools with out access to many of these sites it is going to be interesting in the future to see how schools are going to be able to safely provide these tools with all that is out there and available on the web.

1 comment:

Ann said...

The balance between safety and education is a delicate one. I also am starting to believe that students MUST take part of the safety responsibility on themselves. We aren't teaching them anything by just blocking everything that might be a problem.

Ann