Shake it up!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing #14

Technorati was a great site but you learn pretty quick that there is a difference in how you search for your keyword. When searching keyword search for the school library learning 2.0 I found that there was a different result with the main page compared to the tags compared to the blogs. I really liked the blog directory page and the tags I felt these took me to what I wanted to see. Loved the top 100 blogs fun things to explore and I totally got off track from what I was supposed to be doing...anyone go on boingboing and see that really cool periodic coffee table who wouldn't want that in their house?!!! I was a little disheartened to see that when I went on a search of "yoga" the main page had some inappropriate sites that referred to a subject I wasn't looking for! but did find neat things under blog and the tag sites that did refer to the type of yoga I like!! Would love to look at this more when I have more time.

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

I have to admit that technorati and I just don't gel. I am much more likely to RSS a blog that someone recommends to me or one that is reviewed than to go searching. I think it is a time thing. I only have so much time I am willing to devote because it gets in the way of my reading and beading :-0

Ann