Shake it up!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #16

Wikis are great and this is the tool I think would benefit me in promoting, sharing and collaborating with the teachers, parents and student in my school. I would love to see a site for LMS and our community of school and public libraries to have wikis also. The wikis that I explored were the teacher/librarian wiki, it was okay I was disappointed that when I looked under lesson plans for books it turned out to be mostly work sheets, ugh! Booklovers wiki I liked the children's book reviews that were reviewed by the kids not adults. But probably the most interesting wiki I came across was under library bloggers wiki I went to school libraries and then visited California Dreamin about school libraries by Rob Darrow his site was interesting and informative but he had something else which was the YouTube lecture given by Randy Puasch who did the "Last" lecture, Randy passed away today so I went ahead a watched his lecture from September 7,2007 it is a 1:16 minute lecture and WOW what a speaker. Well worth the time to listen.

1 comment:

Ann said...

for a local example of how a wiki is being used in a HS library here is Faith Johnson's wiki for ASD East High School. She took the academy last year and she worked on this all of last school year. It was very well received by staff and students. She is working on redoing her front page but all the navigation links are running.

http://easthighlibrary.wikispaces.com/

Ann