Shake it up!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing #21

Podcast I found it hard to find a site of podcast that I liked at first I didn't like Podcast Alley or podcast.com. I found okay podcast on them like the Harry Potter podcast Pottercast in which J.K. Rowling was talking with others about the last book. and I found Justonemorebook a pod cast about children's books but I didn't like the sites all that well. I did find ODEO which is much more to my liking and there i found some interesting podcast like a story Goblin Lullaby, in Podcastle under literature. I found podcast to teach you french or Chinese but my favorite under literature was the Merriam-Websters word of the day. Today's word was Xanadu and example I will use for this word is to me Alaska is not my Xanadu! I could see doing Podcast for information gathering within a business community and within a school community I could see students and teachers/Librarians using it for reading or just discussions about what was read. I already have the RSS feed for itunes in my blog reader as that is the site I usually like to download my music for my ipod so I didn't want to add another at this time.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I see the power of podcasting for students in being yet another way for them to achieve an authentic audience. I have only done one podcast myself, but once I worked through the inevitable glitches, it is a very doable thing.

Ann