Shake it up!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing #19.1

Ah SLED I love it! Anyway the flashmovie for Ebsco 2.0 was interesting in the fact that the new search features are really promising. I especially liked the smart results, source type options, subject search images with it the search results and the breadcrumb trail. I didn't like the flashmovie itself for the lack of sound, but I never liked silent movies anyway. Glad I didn't find any major recalls on my automobile! I set up a folder and a journal alert for School Library Journal. The search interfaces for the different grade levels were nice with the elementary the most eye catching and easiest to use. I did like that in the High School level they had college prep. and careers. Oh also on the elementary search I liked the teacher resource page wonder how come they don't have a Librarian resource page?? Hey did anyone catch the plus and minus signs on sled so you can make the font appear smaller or larger. pretty cool I say. I could see having the Ebsco search interface on my computers for the kids to research subjects that way sure a nicer option than Google. For the teachers I could share in my wiki new or good articles, images and other forms of media so that they could access if interested. I liked the Auto Repair page and will refer to that alot! other things I liked was the SLED toolbar, and off of that I like the QuickRef and AK History, oh and the AK news! The consumer health database is interesting but I think I will still refer to my home medical bible when in a panic, but since I wasn't today it was interesting to see that they had options of images and video under the medical term that I typed in the search box.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Everyone has commented on the lack of sound on the flash movie. I have passed that on to Blake at EBSCO and maybe they will take it into consideration the next time they do this. I really like the new interface. it is so much more appealing and usable than the old one.

Ann